Engage your audience or say ‘goodbye’
Effective communicators perform on several levels.
The following super-short video touches on some basics about how to keep an audience engaged – i.e. interested enough to keep listening, watching or reading.
Rhetorica is an international expert advisory service specialising in helping clients perform and communicate at their best.
Rhetorica’s clients rank among the world’s best-established and leading companies in sectors such as financial services, technology, diversified chemicals, engineering, advertising, communications and the media.
A testament to the company’s specialist quality is its experience in training and consulting to the media and other professional communication organisations. Rhetorica also serves politicians, academia, education institutions, peak bodies and the social sector.
"Antoni is an excellent media, speech and presentation skills trainer. I confidently recommend his services."
Sarah Smith, Communications & PR Director The Sydney Morning Herald & The Sun-Herald Fairfax Media
" Have to congratulate you on a powerful breakfast presentation this morning. You really brought new insight into an area that's often discussed. The attached feedback forms say the same thing - EXCELLENT. Look forward to working with you again." Julian Kenny, National Education Officer Public Relations Institute of Australia
"Antoni’s ability to produce the best from the team and to provide an atmosphere conducive to learning and improving media skills is outstanding."
Andy Ridley, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Earth Hour Global
- Issue and crisis communication planning, review, training and testing
- Communication and perception audit, review and recommendation
- Organisational narrative development
- Problem solving
- Issue review and reporting
- Media training
- Presentation skills
- Keynote preparation
- Speech review
- Business planning facilitation
- Problem solving facilitation
Writing and Editing
- Tenders, bids, proposals, grants
- Case studies
- Web copy
- Position statements
- Newsletter development, planning, copy writing
- Opinion pieces
- News releases
- Expert commentary
- White papers
Founder and managing director, Antoni Lee is an award-winning writer, an entertaining and informative speaker, and consultant-trainer with 20 years professional experience in government, corporations and consulting.
According to clients in the media, politics and business, Antoni is one of Australia’s best communication trainers.
Rhetorica’s team of expert affiliated journalists, presenters, consultants, trainers and performers love communication, are client focused and enjoy working together.
Typical client goals
- To increase the personal confidence of presenters, speakers and communicators leading into series of media interviews, roadshows, town-hall style meetings, staff and supplier events
- To alter public opinion relating to a core issue or series of issues
- To improve general management and leadership communication skills
- To help prepare an organisation’s spokespeople, in the event of a serious public issue or crisis
- To strengthen staff ability to present, listen and negotiate in high-stakes situations, for example, in staff-management reviews, in bid team presentations and in making presentations to prospects, clients and regulators
- To equip leaders, managers and other communicators to inspire, allay concern, educate, clarify, influence, persuade, sell, gain favour – and more – with their audiences.
Qualities of Effective Communication Trainers|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ixs8uI7gw
Typical Organisation Results
Build brand awareness
Gain favour and support for initiatives
Improved esprit d’corps
Typical Participant Results
Nerve management skills
More effective self expression
Effective release of personality
Understanding context (e.g. audience dynamics, how the media work)
Message (content) refinement
Please contact us at your convenience, in confidence, with no obligation.