"...thank you again...your training was more intellectual than our other media training." Janice Armstrong Asia Pacific Corporate Affairs, Monsanto
Rhetorica’s services help clients plan and communicate at their best.
We specialise and are especially known for media interview skills training, presentation and keynote skills training, strategy workshop facilitating and writing.
We are most-often commissioned by communication managers and directors, public relations and public affairs directors and marketing managers and directors.
We train and coach participants in small groups, give lectures and seminars to larger groups and coach individuals in all aspects of professional communication.
Strategic planning workshops
"At key business moments over several years, Rider Levett Bucknall has commissioned Antoni Lee to facilitate strategy workshops. These sessions involved our Director-Shareholders and senior personnel, from Australia and around the world, and tackled our most important, complex and challenging issues. We highly value Antoni's experience and approach in helping us achieve better business outcomes.
Michael Kerr, Director, Rider Levett Bucknall
Rhetorica runs engaging, intelligent and practical workshops for business and other clients around Australia and in Asia.
We facilitate sessions with you and your team that enable you to freely and openly discuss and debate the things you need to air in any strategy planning process. These sessions are typically closed-door, senior-person sessions with a flexible but purposeful structure.
These sessions help you make sure your key people have their say on important decisions, giving you a great opportunity to work through business and organisational challenges and changes.
Rhetorica’s strategy sessions can address almost any strategic issue, including: business structure, leadership succession, staff development, marketing and communication, issue management, business planning, product and market development, R&D and operations. Prior to these workshops, we work with you to determine your goals, anticipated obstacles and participants and then collaborate to agree suitable timeframes, location, process and agenda.
Antoni and the team have run workshops:
- Throughout Australia, including in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart and regional towns and cities such as Albury, Wagga Wagga, Shepparton, Traralgon, Ararat, Lismore, Coffs Harbour, Merimbula, Palm Cove and Newcastle.
- In Asia: Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Bali and Kuala Lumpur with and for nationalities covering nearly every country between India, Japan and New Zealand.
Our training and facilitated workshops include:
- Executive communication coaching
- Executive and group media training
- Issue and crisis communication training
- Presentation skills
- Keynote preparation and delivery
- Speech making
- Writing skills for business and life
- Message focus workshop
- Communication planning workshop
- Business planning workshop
- Problem solving workshop
Writing and Editing
Antoni is an award-winning writer with substantial business-writing experience. Rhetorica can help clients distil, articulate and polish complex and issue-rich content into simple and accessible language for audiences in multiple contexts.
Rhetorica’s writing experience and skills encompass:
- Tenders, bids, proposals, grants
- Case studies
- Newsletter development, planning, copy writing
- Online copy
- Opinion pieces
- Expert commentary
- White papers
Rhetorica delivers sound, focused communication advice, drawing on more than 20 years experience in government, corporate and agency consulting environments over multiple sectors.
- Issue and crisis communication planning, review, training and testing
- Communication policy
- Communication and perception review
- Organisational narrative development
- Issue and environment review and reporting
More on Rhetorica workshops
Since 2003, Antoni has provided professional media interview training services to clients in business, education, politics and government.
Rhetorica’s media training programs help participants understand how to communicate in the range of common media interviews, including TV, radio, newspaper and magazine, industry journal, trade titles and internet forums.
We help media spokespeople work effectively with media outlets, journalists, producers, editors, presenters and public relations connections.
Participants in our programs learn the skills to become proficient public communicators in multiple contexts, including announcing business and product news, explaining and addressing issues, presenting context and background information, participating in industry conference and on-air panel discussions, answering tricky questions and handling hostile interviews.
Our programs and experience include:
- CEO media training sessions run in a series of short sessions
- half day, full day and two day executive media training sessions
- small business group media training sessions
- media training for bureaucrats who need to inform the public and walk a fine line of avoiding making political comments
- media training to prepare for and support product launches and program announcements
- media training for scientists
- media training for technologists
- media training for topic experts
- media training for politicians
- media training for journalists expanding from print into internet and electronic media
Crisis Communication Training
Training is a key part of preparing to handle an operational or communication crisis.
Rhetorica can help business people, communication professionals and their organisations:
- Anticipate crisis scenarios
- Identify operational and communication remediation requirements
- Train staff to respond well
- Monitor and test procedures
- Review processes.
In Rhetorica’s flexible and proven crisis communication workshops, participants practice and learn the techniques and tools to provide information effectively to stakeholders and manage organisational risks.
We deliver programs suitable for every level of experience and for the range of media contexts.
We train editors and journalists and TV presenters as well as politicians, business leaders, scientists, bureaucrats, topic experts and field staff.
Very often something’s at stake when communicating. Do well and benefits flow. Do badly and damage is done. In any case, performance matters.
We train and consult to help communicators perform to get results, whatever their setting and context.
Typical program formats: small group and individual, hourly, half day, full day, two day.
Pitch Presentation and Bid Team Coaching
Download Project or Bid Team Presentation Coaching Overview
We coach presenters and professional bid teams in the art of communicating to win projects worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Involve as many participants and observers as you like.
Coaching typically includes:
* facilitating rehearsal agendas
* managing team emotion and exhaustion
* bringing the team together to perform cohesively and enthusiastically
* using audio and visual aids productively
* when not to use audio visual aids
* responding to difficult questions
* improving expressive factors in posture and voice
* managing segues
* creating the right atmosphere and capturing the right tone
* maximising team belief without degenerating into sales hype
* helping technologists and specialists make sense of their content for the audience’s sake
* strengthening opens and closes
* applying presentation polish
References are available on request.
Writing Training and Workshops
We help people in industry and government write well.
Our workshops give participants the tools to write with clarity and grace.
Communication Consulting and Planning
We help you clarify your communication goals, issues and help you plan to resolve them.
Idea-Creation and Brainstorming Sessions
We teach teams how to unblock creative culture and ideas. We also prepare and run ideation sessions. In two one hour sessions, we generated 150 ideas, and subsequently won a multimillion-dollar government project.
Planning Sessions and Workshop Facilitation
We facilitate strategy and planning sessions for leaders and their teams.
Rhetorica has workshop and training experience across sectors including:
- aviation, airlines
- banking and finance (retail and institutional)
- chemicals, diversified materials
- consulting and professional services
- disability enterprises
- education (private and tertiary)
- fast moving consumer goods (FCMG)
- federal government
- high technology
- journalism and media
- local government
- not-for-profit and social sectors
- peak bodies
- pharmaceutical, health, medicine
- public relations, public affairs, communication
- quantity surveying
- small business
- state government